If you’re missing one or more teeth and would like them replaced, then Modern Family Dentists LLC may have the ideal treatment option for you. As the ideal alternative to dentures, all-on-4 dental implants are the preferred tooth replacement treatment of choice for many reasons. But, before we get into the how and the why, let’s take a look at the what… What are all-on-4 implants? It’s important to first understand the concept of dental implants before jumping into all-on-4 implants. A single dental implant is a replacement tooth that is attached to a metal (usually titanium) screw-shaped device that is implanted into your jaw. When a patient requires a full set of teeth to be replaced, the optimal solution is to fit the entire set of replacement teeth to a titanium bar, and then attach that to the jaw using 4 (or sometimes 6) dental implants. This is by far the most cost-effective method to replace multiple teeth, because implants:
- Last longer – up to a lifetime
- Don’t move – unlike dentures
- Are cost effective – they almost never need to be replaced
- Are just like natural teeth – making cleaning a breeze
How do all-on-4 implants work? Rather than attach the replacement tooth directly to the implant, the replacement teeth are attached to a titanium bar which is then attached to 4 (or more) implants. The implants cannot move because they are implanted directly into the jawbone, making them as strong as natural teeth. Why are patients choosing all-on-4 implants over dentures? The answer is simple, really – they’re better in every way. The initial cost of all-on-4 implants may be slightly higher than that of dentures, but the benefits massively outweigh the cost. Here are a few of the main reasons why all-on-4 implants are becoming the tooth replacement option of choice for many patients:
- Cleaning is easier – Dentures need to be removed for cleaning, which is not only a hassle for most people, but also a constant reminder of their missing teeth. All-on-4 implants never need to be removed (because they can’t be removed!), and are cared for exactly the same way as natural teeth. Most patients soon forget that they have implants, leading to more confidence in their smile and outlook on life.
- Worry-free – while dentures were once the ideal solution for missing teeth, there was always the worry that they might shift in the mouth, make noise, or even drop out at any moment. All-on-4 implants are literally implanted into the jawbone, meaning they will never move.
- No foods are off limits – dentures can often limit what people can eat, but with all-on-4 implants you are free to eat whatever foods you like. However, it should go without saying that excess sugar should be avoided…
- Increased confidence – missing teeth can cause people to stop smiling, and even those with dentures may be more reluctant to smile for fear of people noticing their dentures. However, all-on-4 dentures are designed to look just like natural teeth. This gives patients the confidence to smile at any given opportunity, safe in the knowledge that their implants won’t be noticed.
- Cost-effective – dentures eventually need to be replaced – implants don’t. If implants – be they individual or all-on-4 – are cared for correctly, they can last a lifetime and will never need to be replaced, making them the most cost-effective tooth replacement option available.
If you’re missing all or most of your teeth, all-on-4 implants may be the best treatment for you. At Modern Family Dentists LLC, we will discuss your needs and can arrange all-on-4 implants to replace your missing teeth at a price you’ll love. We will provide the professional care and attention we’ve become famous for in the Kenosha area, and always ensure you are comfortable throughout the procedure. All-on-4 implants can be the ideal solution to help you smile again, and remember – Smiles Change Outcomes.